Thursday, July 24, 2008

Washington Redskins - Media Hogs - Dan S. vs. Dan S.

The burgundy steel curtain draped over Ashburn has booted another dude just trying to share his perspective on all things Redskins. The Washington Post's Dan Steinberg got a cease and desist letter from the Redskins law firm Pay, Us, & Moore LLP. I am sure you've seen Dan's work, he gives you the Redskins fix that you need along with a twist. Often very amusing, and all in fun types of commentary on Redskins happenings and other DC sports stuff. But, this time, the Redskins were having none of it! There has been an ongoing battle between the Washington Post and Redskins for years. This latest skirmish is just another awkward standoff between the growing Washington Redskins Media Empire and the local beat reporters in DC. Imagine having to report to work every day to try to do your job, but the operators of the location prevent you from doing so as you wish. Sucks!

Well, I feel for Dan Steinberg, his stuff is great and his best is when he puts his own twist on the random happenings at Redskins Park. I just started this little blog and am wondering if/when I will get a letter in the mail from Pay, Us, & Moore LLP. But, to my defense, I shell out crazy cash for season tickets and $8 beers...so take it easy on me Snyder.

No comments: